Above all, expect to be welcomed into a vibrant, active group of believers of all ages. As you walk into our lobby you will be met by a greeter and then ushers who can help you with any questions you might havel
What Worship Services Are Available?
We offer a variety of unique services. . You can select which works best for you. Our services generally last about 50 minutes. All are accompanied by music.
- Our 7:30 AM service is a traditional liturgy with traditional music and holy communion.
- The 8:45 AM service is more current and upbeat. It has upbeat music provided by a variety of choral and instrumental groups and includes holy communion. A current Bible translation is used.
- Our 10:45 AM service is a blend of our traditional and current services. It includes blended worship and music with traditional Lutheran liturgy and holy communion. Bible readings are from the New Revised Standard Version Bible. Blended music is provided by a variety of choral and instrumental groups. During the summer the service shifts to starting at 10:15 AM.
- At 12:30 PM on the 2nd Sunday of the month in March, June, September and December, we offer an informal service of healing, wholeness and hope. We pray together, hear God’s word, lay on hands, bless with oil, commune and listen for God’s healing.
- At 2:30 PM on the 2nd Sunday of each month we provide a Rejoicing Spirits service. This is a worship experience specially crafted for special needs individuals, their families and their caregivers. It is joyful and communal, and always includes fellowship socialization after the worship.
How Should I Dress?
We don’t worry about what people wear. What is important is feeling comfortable while sharing in our worship and mission. You will find everything from jeans and tee shirts to “Sunday best”. Wear what allows you to most easily concentrate on the reasons you come to Holy Spirit.
Is There Parking?
Parking isn’t an issue. We have three lots on our property by the main building. Two are behind the building and one is on he south side of the building. If you turn on to Pine St. off Cedar Crest Blvd. it is easiest to then turn left onto Holy Spirit Drive, take the right fork in the road, and continue up to the main level of the building. There you will see two available lots. Our worship c enter/sanctuary is on the south side of the building which you will come to first.
We are inclusive of all.
We are a Reconciling In Christ congregation. We welcome all people regardless of age, gender identity, sexual orientation or special needs, to become more faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
Are You Handicapped Accessible?
The main level of Holy Spirit, including the Sanctuary, Fellowship Center and most meeting rooms, is completely at walk-in ground level. No stairs. You may want to stop in front of the main entrance before parking to drop off anyone who needs assistance. People will be happy to help. There is designated handicap parking on the road up, near the worship entrance, and in the parking lot. Holy Spirit is dedicated to supporting special needs individuals, and is a Rejoicing Spirits congregation. We offer monthly worship services designed for physically or mentally challenged individuals and their caregivers.
Should I go up for communion?
We have an open communion table; which means that anyone who is baptized and believes that in the bread and wine we receive Christ is welcome to commune. If you bring young children who have not yet participated in their first holy communion to the altar rail during communion, they will be blessed by the communion assistant.
What facilities exist for my children?
Holy Spirit is a family-centered community. We offer many activities for children and youth to provide a fully immersive environment. You can learn more about our programs by clicking here. Young children are completely welcomed in our Sunday services, In addition during the 8:45 and 10:45 services we also provide nursery care. For children attending the services, during the sermon we offer “Word For God’s Children”, a supervised child friendly Bible-centered lesson offered for young children by one of our pastors or lay people. There are also bible bags hanging in the lobby for children to enjoy during the worship service. Children would generally be most comfortable at our 8:45 or 10:45 services. Between the 8:45 and 10:45 services we also offer a full range of Sunday School classes ranging from 3 yrs. through high school. You can call our office at 610-967-2220 for more information on Sunday School.